Space Scooter is a 2 in 1 scooter allowing the rider a choice between using the Space Scooter as a kick scooter and riding it by rocking back and forth which engages the chain to propel the scooter forward.
Not only is it fun to ride, but it's great exercise for the whole family. Environmentally friendly, the space scooter is great for transportation for short distances.
The Scooter can also be folded up for easy transport and storage.
Product Information / Specifications:
Recommended Age of User: 8+ yrs
Max. Load: 75kg
Body Material: Steel/Aluminum
Wheel: 2*8inch PU Wheels
Super silent flywheel and dual-motion driving system
Air-Spring shock absorber
Patented Deck Folding System
Quick folding handlebar
Dual-Safety quick release
1. hand grip (plastic)
2. handlebar (steel)
3. brake handle (plastic)
4. upper steering tube (aluminum)
5. folding control trigger (aluminum)
6. lower steering tube (aluminum)
7. head frame (steel)
8. front wheel (PU)
9. front frame (steel)
10. shock absorber (air spring)
11. rear frame (steel)
12. rear wheel (PU)
13. deck (steel)
This Product will be shipped within 3-5 working days.
Note: The screw of the brake handle was not tightened before the product was packed in the factory; the user should tighten the brake handle screw before using the scooter. Adjust brake handle to suitable position and lock it by inner hexagon spanner.
1. Releassing folder by opening the quick release on right side of folder.
2. Push "Folding" unlock button to unlock head tube and raise steering tube up until it securely locked in the correct position. Sway the steering tube slightly to conform spring-load lock pin is lock into the correct position.
3. Tightening quick-release at the right side of folder to lock the folder.
4. Open the quick-release at top end of T-tube.
5. Insert and secure left and right handlebars by pressing the spring-loaded buttons and inserting them into T-tube. Make certain BOTH handlebars are properly locked into the T-bar by spring-loaded buttons.
6. Close quick-release to lock handlebar firmly.
7. To adjust the height of the handlebars: open the quick-release lever.
8. Press the spring-load button and slide T-bar to desired position, and make sure spring-load button is lock into the hole of tube.
9. Resecure the quick release lever to lock into place.
WARNING: Failure to properly secure the quick-release lever may cause the T-tube to telescope up or down while riding which may cause you to lose control and fall!
10. To unfold deck, the front wheel has to be kept stop by foot or other things.
11. Hold steering tube by left hand, pull folding trigger by right hand. At the same time, pull steering tube forward slightly to make rear wheel leave away from ground. The deck will unfold slowly. Let deck grow up to right position and drop down the folding trigger. Deck will be lock at this position.
If deck does not unfold normally, the user can pull front end of deck to help unfolding of deck.
Folding the Space Scooter
1. Folding deck: (Let deck to be in a horizontal palce or turns up at front end.) Hold steering tube by left hand, pull folding trigger by another hand pull to open valve of air spring. At the same time, tread deck to push down deck to flat situation.
2. Adjust steering tube: To adjust steering tube to "kicking" mode, push "Riding" unlock button to unlock head tube and raise steering tube up more until it securely locked into "kick scooter" position.
Folding for storage
1. Folding deck: (Let deck to be in a horizontal place or turns up at front end.) Hold steering tube by left hand, pull folding trigger by another hand pull to open valve of air spring. At the same time, tread deck to push down deck to flat situation.
2. Folding steering tube: Open quick-release for steering tube, push the spring-load button and push down upper steering tube. Let the spring-load button lock into the hole at the lower end of lower steering tube, and then close the quick-release.
3. Folding handlebar: Open quick-release on the top of T-tube, pull out handlebar from T-tube by pressing the spring-load button on handlebar. Fold down handlebar to folding position.
4. Folding head tube: Open quick-release on right side of folder. Push the "Riding" unlock button to unlock head tube and press steering tube down until securely locked in the upright position. Then tightening the quick release at the right side of folder to lock the folder.
How to ride:
Riding As Kick Scooter
Hold handlebar by two hands. Place one foot on deck, push forward with the other foot by kicking the ground. For enhanced cornering, lean slightly into the direction of the turn. For controlled stops, apply brake by grasping brake handle slightly to slow down the speed of scooter. Do not grasp brake handle suddenly. We recommend that you practice applying the brake at various speeds and in an open area free from obstructions before riding your scooter around others.
Riding as a Space Scooter
Hold handlebar by two hands. Place one foot on the front end of deck and kick the ground by another foot to push scooter forward.
Then stand on deck by two feet and shake the deck by left foot and right foot alternately to sway deck and then scooter may move forward.
For enhanced cornering, lean slightly into the direction of the turn. For controlled stops, apply brake by grasping brake handle slightly to slow down the speed of scooter. Do not grasp brake handle suddenly. We recommend that you practice applying brake at various speeds and in an open area free from obstructions before riding your scooter around others.
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO PARENTS:
This manual contains important information. For your child’s safety, it is your responsibility to review this information with your child and make sure that your child understands all warnings, cautions, instructions and safety topics. We recommends that you periodically review and reinforce the information in this manual with younger riders and that you are required to inspect and maintain your child’s scooter to insure their safety.
Scooter riding can be a hazardous activity. Scooters can, and are intended to move and it is therefore possible to get into dangerous situations and/or lose control and/or fall. If such things occur you can be seriously injured or die. LIKE ANY OTHER MOVING PRODUCT, USING A SCOOTER CAN BE A DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH EVEN WHEN USED WITH PROPER SAFETY PRECAUTIONS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND USE COMMON SENSE.
The air spring of shock absorber is fill of hight pressure air. Do not disassembly or destroy it, and never throw it into fire which may cause the air spring to be exploded.
Always wear safety equipment such as helmet, knee pads and elbow pads. Always wear a helmet when riding your scooter and keep the chain strap securely buckled.
Always wear shoes.
Ride on smooth, paved surfaces away from motor vehicles.
Avoid sharp bumps, drainage grates, and sudden surface changes. Scooter may suddenly stop.
Avoid streets and surfaces with water, sand, gravel, dirt, leaves, and other debris. Wet weather impairs traction, braking, and visibility.
Do not ride at night.
Brake will get hot from continuous use. Do not touch after braking.
Avoid excessive speed associated with downhill rides.
Adults must assist children in the initial adjustment procedures to unfold scooter, adjust handlebar and steering to height, and finally to fold scooter.
Obey all local trafic and scootering laws and regulations.
Watch out for pedestrians.
Do not exceed the 80 kilograms of total weight on the scooter.
Do not allow children under age of eight (8) to use the scooter. Children under age fourteen (14) should ride with adult supervision at all times. All children and preteens should ride with adult guidance at all times.
The rider’s weight does not necessarily mean a child’s size is appropriate to ride or maintain control of the scooter.
A parent’s decision to allow his or her child to ride this product should be based on the child’s maturity, skill and ability.
The user should pay attention to surroundings to avoid sudden braking and sudden turning wich may cause the user fall down, this may hurt the user or other people.
Always ensure child is wearing proper protective equipment such as an approved safety helmet. A helmet may be legally required by local law or regulation in your area. A child should always wear shoes, never ride bare footed or in sandals, and keep shoelaces tied and out of the way of the wheels.
FAILURE TO USE COMMON SENSE AND HEED THE ABOVE WARNINGS FURTHER INCREASES RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WITH APPROPRIATE AND SERIOUS ATTENTION TO SAFE OPERATION. USE CAUTION.
WARNING:ALWAYS INSPECT SCOOTER PRIOR TO RIDING. Properly inspecting and maintaining your space scooter can reduce the risk of injury. Always inspect your space scooter before riding and regularly maintain it.
WARNING:CHECK LOCAL LAWS REGARDING SCOOTER USE. Check local laws and regulations to see where and how you may use your scooter legally. In many states and local areas scooter riders are required BY LAW to wear a helmet. Check local laws and regulations regarding laws governing helmet use and scooter operation in your area.